Bookmark this page to view all the latest vacancies at Label Apeel.
Pre Press/Press Assistant
Full time · £16,000-£19,000
Title: Pre Press/Press Assistant
An opportunity has arisen for an Pre-Press/Press Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity to work inside the leading label printers in the UK. You will work alongside a great group of commited and professional people.
Reports to: Planning & Purchasing manager
Job Summary: Responsible for accurately mixing inks, laying plates and delivering raw materials to the press. You will also assist on press in making ready and cleaning down the press.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Mix inks accurately
- Lay plates using the Heaford plate layer
- Get all raw materials ready for and deliver to the press in a timely way
- Handle all incoming stock and where necessary label and log materials
- Be available to assist in the making ready and cleaning down of the press so as to reduce the down time of the press.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely way with the planning and printing team so as to ensure the smooth running of the press room
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, using both face to face and written methods of communication
- Liaise and attend meetings with team members and other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- Attend training when required to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management
- Carrying out reasonable additional duties when business needs require.
Applications: By email only, please send a current CV to email@example.com